In the first episode of The Drag Show Podcast, i talk to Freddy Prinze Charming and Krystal Summers about the latest RuPaul comments, whether trans and cis-drag is REAL drag, and what happens next — for us as a community and our drag.
You can have your opinion but that doesn’t excuse you from the consequences of having that opinion. – Freddy Prinze Charming
To say someone is transphobic that’s just like saying someone is racist or a bully. You have to use those words carefully. You can’t just throw those words around as an acustation for everything. – Krystal Summers
LISTEN TO THE SHOW
Subscribe: iTunes | Stitcher – COMING SOON!
- Why and how trans and cis drag IS drag
- Is RuPaul transphobic?
- Turning our anger into action
- Is there a need for a trans and/or more inclusive Drag Race?
- Miss Gay America and how it’s different from RuPaul’s Drag Race
- Is trans and cis drag “cheating?”
- Should we be thanking RuPaul instead of “whining” and “complaining?”
- And the answer to our biggest question: Will Krystal Summers ever audition for RuPaul’s Drag Race?
Download a PDF of the Show Notes here.
THE 2ND SHOW IS LANDING IN YOUR EARS MARCH 21 AT 7PM!
RESOURCES, PEEPS, AND THINGS MENTIONED
RuPaul: ‘Drag is a big f-you to male-dominated culture’ The Guardian article that started it all
MORE FROM FREDDY PRINZE CHARMING
MORE FROM KRYSTAL SUMMERS
MORE FROM BRANDI AMARA SKYY
Drag University – Launching July 16, 2018!