This week Brandi Amara Skyy is having a full-on makeup kiki with one of the most flawless female drag queens on Instagram, Venus Envy. From her top 3 favorite drag queen makeup products to how she balances her day job with drag, Venus spills all her own tea. Print out the show notes, grab a pen, and get ready to take some notes because if want to learn how to paint a serious mug this is THE episode to listen to!
“My face now is the face I’ve always been trying to do. It’s like bits and pieces from other drag queens that I admire.” — VENUS ENVY
“I want to be known as a female drag queen and take it to a level that it hasn’t been taken before.” — VENUS ENVY
LISTEN TO THE SHOW
Listen: SoundCloud | Stitcher
- Who Venus Envy is and how she got started in drag 3:44
- How drag (especially for nontraditional drag artist) can feel lonely 6:45
- Changing your drag name and how it affects your brand as a drag 9:05
- How and why she identifies as a female drag queen 11:25
- Advice to someone who just started drag 13:45
- How social media has changed the access to drag 16:45
- How female drag queens are received in the drag community 19:11
- How has social media changed and influenced her drag 24:51
- Venus talks drag makeup and how her mug evolved 25:45
- Her fav products 27:30
- Drag, the day job, and finding the time 30:30
- What her drag goal is 31:53
- Biggest advice dealing with the haters 33:00
Download a PDF of the complete Show Notes HERE
TIP YOUR MC & SHOW CREW AND GET EXCLUSIVE BONUSES!
RESOURCES, PEEPS, AND THINGS MENTIONED
MORE FROM NAME OF GUEST
MORE FROM BRANDI AMARA SKYY
Drag University – ENROLLMENT OPEN NOW TILL MIDNIGHT CST SUNDAY SEPTEMBER 9, 2018!!!
THANK YOU TO OUR SPONSORS!
Devin Dame & Gage Gatlyn – Gatlyn Dame Group
Thank you Dana!!!!!
THANK YOU FOR LISTENING!
AND THANK YOU TO THE TDSP TEAM: JESSICA J’ADORE & NA’TALIA D BLACK!!!!