This week Brandi Amara Skyy has her infamous annual conversation with friend and fellow empire builder Chiffon Dior, the HBIC (Head Bitch in Charge), founder, and creator of the highly sourced and heavily trafficked drag media site, Werrrk.com. In this week’s conversation, they talk inspiration, dreams (and making them a reality), and all the behind the scenes Tea of werking as the HBIC at Werrrk.com!
“Rather than trying to outperform them, i write about them.”
“What i like is my site isn’t an aggregation site we have over 200 interviews from big drag stars, to Broadway to wrestlers.”
“My mindset is like i have this great big sandbox and if people want to come in and build something that they are interested in they can come do it.” Chiffon on the why and how of her site
“It’s long form. I like that someone can read a long-form article when they’re supposed to be working.“ Chiffon on her website
“My dream is to make this, if not a full time, at least a partial source of income for some of my people who have been really supportive of me and haven’t gotten a lot in return except personal satisfaction and the ongoing joke that they get paid in Necco Wafers.”
“I don’t take credit for it, but I take pride in it.” Chiffon on seeing the queens and other drag artists she’s interviewed succeed.
LISTEN TO THE SHOW
TOPICS DISCUSSED (with all new timestamps!)
BULLET POINT WITH THE TIME IT HAPPENS (SEE EXAMPLE BELOW)
- Doing drag, writing, and Michelle Visage 10:30
- Going off on her own and starting Not Safe For Werk 12:42
- Going from idea to reality 13:30
- About and how it started werrrk.com 16:27
- Finding writers and how to pitch your work 22:00
- Backstage Berry 26:00
- How to make your online presence werk for you 28:00
- What the future holds for werrrk.com 29:41
- Drag Con New York 30:00
- Art and making them a reality costs money 33:40
- What inspires her to keep going 37:37
- Why there’s 3 Rs in werrrk.com 40:45
- Werrrk’s Drag Con streak… will it continue?!??! 43:12
TIP YOUR MC & SHOW CREW AND GET EXCLUSIVE BONUSES!
RESOURCES, PEEPS, AND THINGS MENTIONED
Emily Meow based in UK articles for Werrrk
Drag Con New York Coverage – Coming Soon!
Panda Box’s werrrk.com
MORE FROM NAME OF GUEST
Personal Social Media:
@ChiffonDior Farmers Only
Werrrk.com Social Media:
MORE FROM BRANDI AMARA SKYY
THANK YOU TO OUR SPONSORS!
Devin Dame & Gage Gatlyn – Gatlyn Dame Group
Thank you Dana!!!!!
THANK YOU FOR LISTENING!
AND THANK YOU TO THE TDSP TEAM: JESSICA J’ADORE & NA’TALIA D BLACK!!!!