This is Part II of the amazing conversation with Lillith Grey. If you haven’t listened to the first part of this podcast from last week, we highly recommend that you do! We had an amazing chat about mental health, trauma, and how we as performers work through our trauma on stage — whether we know it or not. In this week’s episode, we discuss bullying and how we can implement self-care and mental health practices into our daily routine!
“It’s important for us to not only focus just on the people who experience bullying, but also the people who do it.”
“Your first five performances, generally you don’t even remember… but after that, it’s time to start really looking at what you are doing, and watching your videos critically and a lot of times that’s an anxiety-provoking thing because you have to be willing to grow…”
“If we just took the time to learn about ourselves before going out into the world, then it would it would change everything… “ – Brandi Amara Skyy
“There’s no absolute in life, but you can’t have either or. It’s all about both/ands. You need the person who is going to be the militant and burn the motherfucker down. But then you also need the person that is going to come in and be like how can I bridge these two together. “ – Brandi Amara Skyy
LISTEN TO THE SHOW
TOPICS DISCUSSED (with all new timestamps!)
- A breakdown on disruption – 1:48
- Activist “Hats” and their roles – 4:15
- Online Bullying – 5:28
- Suggestions to help online bullying 7:20
- Perpetrators of bullying – 8:52
- The receiver of bullying – 9:53
- Trusting and overlooking signs of a bully – 11:01
- Lillith gives personal encounter with bullies – 12:05
- Maintaining mental health – 13:15 *The golden ticket*
- Toxic Relationships – 14:02
- The technology takeover – 15:50
- Relationship models – 18:16
- Anxiety – 21:22
- Owning your craft, preparation, & resources – 29:37
- Realistic goals and reasons behind them – 30:23
- Daily habits to promote self-growth – 31:54
- Lillith’s mental health education platform – 32:45
- Anxiety is an asshole course by Lillith Grey – 34:00
TIP YOUR MC & SHOW CREW AND GET EXCLUSIVE BONUSES!
RESOURCES, PEEPS, AND THINGS MENTIONED
MORE FROM LILLITH GREY
Personal Social Media:
MORE FROM BRANDI AMARA SKYY
THANK YOU TO OUR SPONSORS!
Devin Dame & Gage Gatlyn – Gatlyn Dame Group
Thank you Dana Barber!!!!!
THANK YOU FOR LISTENING!
AND THANK YOU TO THE TDSP TEAM: JESSICA J’ADORE & NA’TALIA D BLACK!!!!